Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The torture of expectation

Being hurt is one of the most painful emotion one has to go through. Some can take it, but others just can't, especially when the cause of the pain, is the person that means a lot to you. I happened to belong to "the others" that can't take it. And it leaves me always wondering and asking why, why do they end up hurting me? I often think, its not fair. How can it be fair? There's no way its gonna be fair,right?

You think about them every time,take care of them, worry about them, love them. They consume most of your time, your energy, but then again, they don't appreciate any of it, what's worst, they don't even recognize it.

But i came to the realization that, they don't intend to hurt me, (or maybe that's what i want to believe) I, maybe, doing it to myself. Why did i come up with that thought? I don't know, perhaps it's because i am expecting too much from them, unknowingly, i want them to give back what i am giving to them, the exact amount of time, love, effort, care and everything.

So it safe to say that, they dont hurt me, i am doing it to myself.

Lesson: "Don't expect anything in return."

No comments:

Post a Comment